Saturday, April 8, 2006

Proprietary Blogging?

A close friend of mine (Richard!) and I were having a conversation recently, and at the conclusion (or thereabouts) he called 'dibs' on it.

This act imparted two related concepts to me. Item number one: that it is possible to call 'dibs' on purely conceptual aspects of existence.

I have always thought of blogging as a fairly referential activity; that is, every blog is about something else. To my mind that 'something else' included other blogs. Everything was fair game and (with proper references) nobody could get too upset and go all 'territorial'.

That, obviously, is not the case.

Which brings us to item number two: I need to be more aggressive in claiming my blogging territory!

Therefore; from this day forward I place a claim on any and all aspects of my life, regardless of the presence or absence of other parties, which may be interpreted by those participating, observing, or learning of it by other means, as 'cool' 'keen', 'neat' or any reasonable derivitive thereof as the sole and continuing provenance of ME! Any violation of this claim, by any means whether intentional or otherwise shall be dealt with via bitch-slapping, legal action or both as deemed appropriate on a case by case basis.

Do you think that would stand up in 'Guy Court'?




(by the way, what's the expiration period on 'dibs'?)

No comments: