Sunday, October 21, 2012

Port Out!... Starbord Home?

The Medi-port that was implanted in my chest to administer my chemo treatments was removed on Friday.

It was an outpatient surgery and only took about an hour but, with blood tests and waiting, I was in the hospital from Eleven-thirty in the morning till nearly Four in the afternoon. Afterwards my Dad took me to a local place called 'Classic Diner' I had a Southwestern Philly sandwich. It was good.

This is the last medical procedure related to my cancer ordeal. I call it an ordeal but it wasn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, if you can; please avoid getting cancer. It's just that my experience was relatively tolerable. Lots of people got it worse than me.

But it's still really weird to think I could have died.


(yes, I really wanted to write this post just so I could use the POSH pun)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - excellent news.