Friday, November 21, 2008

Max Payne, again...

Well, I tried to avoid it. I waited several weeks, but I just have to do a followup to my earlier post about the Max Payne movie.

In a nutshell; seeing this movie did not make me like the games any less.

But that's about the only good thing I have to say about it.

It seems to me that the writer was merely provided with a list of names (people as well as places) and told virtually nothing else.

The basic, broad (very, very broad) strokes of plot are there, but nothing else seems even remotely the same. It didn't even seem to be familiar. None of the set pieces seemed to survive the translation to screen.

The music wasn't even the same. I really liked the music from the games. I can't even remember the music from the film.

If you haven't seen this film yet: don't bother.

If you have: my condolences.

----------------
Now playing: Bryan Adams - Empty Spaces
via FoxyTunes

No comments: