Thursday, August 16, 2007

Theresa Duncan

I never met Theresa Duncan.

My entire personal contact with her was a single comment on her blog, to the effect that I liked her writing. And, of course, regularly reading that blog.

I still find myself emotionally impacted by news of her death. Especially learning that it was apparently a suicide, followed closely by the suicide of her longtime boyfriend.

I wish I had answers to all the regular questions suicide raises, but I am resigned to never learning them.

I do not know why I am personally affected by this, other authors I liked to read have died in the past. Artists of all sorts have committed suicide. But the fact remains that I have been on the verge of tears over this news, and I have no adequate explanation for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too! It is a weird feeling, is it not?

p.s. my husband is a disney fanatic. every vacation we have ever taken in our 16 years of marriage has been to either disneyland or disneyworld!