Monday, April 23, 2007

Worst Reviewed Movies

Rotten Tomatoes has compiled a listing of the worst reviewed movies based upon their percentage rating system. Below are the movies from that list that I have seen, and some of my thoughts about them.

#100 9% Catwoman - You can't deny that Halle Berry looks good in skimpy tight leather! Well, maybe you can, but I liked it. The movie on the other hand wasn't really worth my time. And if you're gonna have a hot girl fight in your movie, you don't cast Sharon Stone. Not anymore you don't...

#88 8% Electra - This movie could have been better, but the villains were cool if a little underused. I didn't feel cheated for watching it, but I don't own it on DVD or anything.

#85 8% Gods and Generals - Ted Turner's sequel to 'Gettysburg' is waaaaaay too long, but has some good acting and Civil War battle scenes are always neat. I saw it for free so it didn't bother me, but there really should have been an intermission!

#81 8% Sound of Thunder - Gad, what a horror show! And I don't mean that in a good way. I generally like time travel stories, and alternate history stories. But the lack of coherence and logic in this piece of crap made the passable special effects worthless. A real slap in the face to Ray Bradbury.

#75 8% The Order - Okay concept as far as religious mythology goes, but just a silly story. It sooo much wants to be 'The Omen' but isn't. Cute girl though...

#61 7% Ultraviolet - I literally fell asleep several times durring this film. The action was too over the top, even for me, the special effects were amateurish, and they smeared vasaline over the lens every time Milla Jovovich had a close up! Dudes, she's an attractive woman! She doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

#53 6% Envy - Bad, bad, just bad. This was one of the least funny comedies I've ever seen. The only redeeming feature was Christopher Walken. He was brilliant! But not brilliant enough to overcome the weight of the rest of the film.

#41 5% The Fog - A pointless remake of a really cool film. The ghosts weren't scary and the acting was flat. The film was not one of the worst I've ever seen but the original was so superior that there was just no reason for this film.

#14 3% Battlefield Earth - I actually liked the book when I first read it. Then, after watching this gag fest of a movie, I went back and tried to re-read it. I couldn't even get past the first chapter, the heavy handed proto-Scientology crap was so thick. Ah, ignorance is bliss...

#8 2% Twisted - Obvious little mystery story. With only one real suspect and a telegraphed red herring. Who hadn't figured it out by the second reel? I like Sam Jackson, but he is wasted in this thing.

#1 0% Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever - That's right I've actually seen the worst rated movie on Rotten Tomatoes! This movie blows! The logic is absent. The pacing is dull. The action is listless. I went to see this movie because I like Lucy Liu. I like her a little less now.

----------------
Now playing: Alan Menken - Somewhere That's Green
via FoxyTunes

No comments: