Saturday, December 2, 2006

Cat Power

This is my kind of music!

I can't remember how I first heard Cat Power (Chan Marshall), my usual route of hearing about a musician through my friends wasn't the case because none of my friends seem to know who she is.

But I know.

And I love her.

She's got exactly the kind of voice I want to listen to and sings songs that I want to hear.

My musical review skills are exceedingly underdeveloped, so I don't believe I can do justice in that regard. My opinions are quite shallow and I don’t know the history of music enough to make thoughtful comparisons… What I do know is that I like Cat Power!

Other stuff I like (so you can judge what ‘my kind of music’ means)

Evanescence
Garbage
Holly Golightly
Jesca Hoop
Julie London
Kirsty MacColl
Leonard Cohen
Lucinda Williams
Sarah Mclachlan

That’s not everything, but you get the idea. (I hope)

No comments: